Multitude Monday











As I look back over last week and reflect I can see that it was a week of many different things. A week of joy, and yet a week of very hard things. A week of very strong emotions. A week of evaluating my reaction to different situations. A week of tears, and yet, at times laughter. A week of being fruitful. A week of reflection and wrestling. A week of looking to Jesus for answers to different situations. 

In looking back, in many ways it was a difficult week, but it was also a good week. It was  good because I keep going back to the One who is the Source of my life, the One who has the Solution to my problems, and the One who brings a Song to my heart. 

And that actually makes it a great week.

This week I'm thankful for blessings # 3,396 - 3,410.

3,396. Walks through the woods with my husband.

3,397. A friend who gave me 20 lbs. of tomatoes.

3,398. Gleaming jars of diced tomatoes for the winter.

3,399. Learning to listen and not offer solutions to my children.

3,400. The smell and taste of bread, fresh from the oven.

3,401. Making delicious things for my friends and family.

3,402. Emily is home for the weekend and it is nice to have all my chicks under one roof again.

3,403. Family games and the laughter and good-natured competitiveness it causes.

3,404. A night out with some ladies from church. Fun and fellowship!

3,405. A productive week at my sewing machine. I made 4 teapot cozies, 5 sets of coasters, 3 table runners, and some teabag totes. 

3,406. A good visit and time of prayer with a couple from our church who are now in a nursing home. 

3,407. A relaxing Sunday afternoon.

3,408. Even though unpleasant, I am thankful for the times I have to wrestle with my responses to situations because it causes me to stretch and grow.

3,409. Good discussions with my family about big issues.

and finally....

3,410. God's mercies which are new every day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live