A Snapshot








I had a busy day yesterday and it was mostly in the kitchen and sewing department. I made two children's aprons and a table runner. I baked a loaf of bread and made a pot of hamburger soup for dinner. I made 5 batches of tea jelly for a friend's tea company (35 jars in all).

My back is screeching at me this morning for standing so long in the kitchen, but I wanted to get the jelly done since she is going to a large food expo this weekend. 

I've been trying to sew a couple of things each day for the craft shows I have coming up and I've been slowly and steadily building up my stock. In fact, during the month of October, I made 8 teapot cozies, 8 aprons, 14 coaster sets, 3 placemat sets, 12 coffee cup sleeves and 4 table runners. It was just a little bit each day, but when I look back at the totals, it was a large amount!

I've been studying for my consecration exam as well. I find that I get overwhelmed with the sheer amount of information that I'm trying to keep in my brain, but my husband told me to keep my answers short and to the point. So I've been working on answering them in a sentence or two with a verse or two to back up what I'm saying.

Today's daily snapshot includes studying, sewing some more, making a batch of Christmas cookies for the freezer and labeling the items I made in October and the past two days for a craft fair I'm participating in tomorrow.

Next weekend I'm participating in a huge one that takes place over three days at the State fair grounds. I will also have items at a craft fair at our church on Saturday. So it's going to be a busy week ahead.

I thought I'd leave you with the recipe for the soup I made yesterday. It was tasty!

Hamburger Soup

Ingredients:

1 lb. ground beef
1 onion, chopped
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 stalks of celery, diced
3 large carrots, diced
1 cup fresh or frozen corn
1 cup fresh or frozen green beans
1 14 oz. can of diced tomatoes
2 cups of beef stock
4 cups of water
basil, oregano, salt and pepper to taste
1 cup of elbow macaroni

Directions:

Brown ground beef in stock pot. Add onion, garlic, celery and sauté until veggies are soft and onions translucent. Add all of the remaining ingredients and simmer for an hour. Add elbow macaroni and simmer until pasta is cooked through.

Enjoy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live