Getting Out from Under the Gloom




 

I've been really feeling gray and gloomy lately. Here in Central New York next to this lake, the reality is that much of the fall, winter and early spring is under a cloud. The sun peeks through from time to time but then the gray settles back in. And it's hard for this woman who craves sunshine and bright skies.

So when the sun does show everything else gets put on hold so I can get out and soak up those rays. Yesterday morning was one of those times so Dan and I hopped in the car and drove the few miles so we could walk. When I get outside in the fresh air I feel my spirits start to lift.

We are back to gloom and some wet snow flakes today. But I'm going to try my best to cheer up my "space."  I need to work on a presentation for tomorrow, but I'm going to put on some cheery music, do some sewing and also make a batch of Christmas cookies for the freezer.

It's hard to imagine, but next Thursday is Thanksgiving! It has sprung up on me this year and I don't feel prepared. We are going to my sister-in-laws but I need to get a plan in place for the items I'm contributing.

'Tis the season so I'm going to do my best to get out from under the gloom and get into that jolly mood! 

Ho-ho-ho!!! 🎅

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live