Multitude Monday

Thornton Wilder ~



"We can only be said to be alive in those moments when our hearts are conscious of our treasures."








I feel very aware of my treasures this morning and I'm thankful for another Monday in which to list them. It's been a great way to start out the week and keep my perspective right.

This week I am thankful for blessings #3,441 - 3,450

3441. Despite a week of pouring rain, I was able to get out and walk a couple of days.

3442. I'm thankful for the beauty of this lake I live next to. The sky and mood of the lake is every changing which makes it interesting.

3443. A husband who makes me laugh every day.

3444. Nathan has a new job coach who comes to the house and is very personable.

3445. Clarity for Nathan as to what direction he wants to pursue, and a great company he works for that provides him with good feedback and periodic raises.

3446. A great day of sales on Saturday. A friend texted me and asked how I was doing and while I wasn't close to my goal, I was fairly happy with the sales. She told me she was praying that my sales would far exceed my goal. I met my goal, but then about 25 minutes before the end of the day a woman came through and bought $80 worth of items which pushed far beyond my expectations.

3447. We started a thanksgiving paper chain at church and it's been such an encouragement to see the amount of people participating in writing one thing they are thankful for each week. The chain is growing!

3448. A kind grocery clerk who gave me a free $20 bag of shrimp just because I asked a question about bad shrimp I bought there a couple of months ago. Customer service at its finest!

3449. A quiet dinner out with my husband.

and finally...

3450. An awareness of how blessed I really am!

Because I have such a busy week, I'm going to put my to-do list here as well:

Spiritual/Personal Development
1. Bible reading/time in prayer 5 out of 7 days - 6 days done
2. Reading the next book for consecration - Growing a Healthy Church by Dann Sapder and Gary Mayes

Marriage/Family
1. Date night with Dan
2. Fill out FASFA for Emily
3. Find a certificate for Nathan somewhere in my files

Personal Health/Fitness
1. Walk at least 5 days out of 7 - I didn't meet the goal last week because it rained so much - 3 days done
2. Keep calories under 1,600
3. No sugary snacks!

Household
1. Clean both bathrooms
2. Run vacuum in living room/dining room
3  Make a batch of Christmas cookies for the freezer

Ministry
1. Bulletins
2. Email churches
3. 3D Kids starts this week - come up with lesson and music
4. Set up church for Saturday's craft fair - each year our town does a town-wide craft show and we participate with vendors, but we also offer a free make and take craft for children.
5. Come up with craft for Saturday! I have most of the supplies but need to just double check on something.
6. Call local nursing home about starting a Bible study there. A couple from our church are in there now and there is absolutely nothing for them and they asked if either Dan or I would be willing to do this. 

Sewing Business
Okay, I have the show at our church on Saturday, but then the big 3 day show which goes Friday - Sunday. I joined forces with a friend for the 3 day show. I'll be at the state fairgrounds all day Friday and half the day on Sunday. Saturday I'll be at our church. I need to figure out what is going where and also replenish a lot of the stock that sold this past Saturday.

I'll just list things here as I make them this week. - 2 children's aprons, 4 stockings, 7 table runners, 1 set of 4 coasters, 1 set of 6 coasters

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live