Merry Christmas!






It's been a wonderful season of preparation here this year. A holiday open house with 35 friends attending, Advent readings at church, Christmas caroling at two local nursing homes, running two services at a nursing home, and batch after batch of Christmas cookies. 

The presents are all wrapped and under the tree. I've been just putting a few out each day and it's been fun to watch Emily try and figure out which ones belong to her. The only rule I have is you can touch them so they can't "feel" what they are. lol

I made 26 mini-loaves of pumpkin-chocolate chip bread on Saturday and they were given to the families that attended yesterday's service. I came home with an empty basket. :-) Cookies were delivered to our neighbor. Bread is made for tonight's dinner and a friend who lost her husband this year will be joining us tonight. 

It's been a good season. I'm looking forward to tonight's candlelight service and reflecting on the wonderful gift we were given and the reason we celebrate. We have a snow advisory going on so hopefully that won't affect things too much. We are getting a white Christmas.

I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas Day and celebration with your families.

Merry Christmas to you all!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live