Marching Forward



J.R.R. Tolkein ~ “I will not walk backward in life."

Today marks my 57th birthday, and as I reflect on where I've come from and where I'm going, I think it's been a pretty good life. It hasn't been easy and there have been difficulties and struggles along the way. I've overcome many things and come through some deep valleys. But I've also had many mountaintop experiences.

I don't want to spend my life looking backward and wishing I could re-live different parts of my life. I know many people fall into that trap. I want to look forward along the path and see what God has for me in the future.

So as I celebrate today, I'm thankful for the life I've been given. I hope that my future is filled with God's blessings and while I'm not sure of the road ahead I know that if I keep walking by faith it'll be a good one.

Time marches on and I'm going to march with it, looking forward to what's ahead! However, we have a lake effect storm warning in our area so the marching may not happen until tomorrow. ;-)

Editing this to add: I just got the best birthday present ever. Stephen got a job and starts on Monday. Whoo-hoo!!! Thank you for all your prayers!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live