Multitude Monday







It was a very busy week and weekend, but a good one. Dan and I have been praying about ways to encourage our congregation. A few of our members have gone into nursing homes over the past year and we've lost a number of young people as they've gone off to college. So our numbers have shrunk a bit and it's easy to get discouraged. 

Our church has been so good to us. They are generous, they make us feel loved and they give of themselves regularly. So we wanted to do something to show them how much we appreciate them. We decided mid-week to throw an impromptu luncheon for them after church yesterday. Someone teasingly said, "Terri really threw the luncheon since she did all the cooking." However, it was a team effort. Dan's money paid for the food and he did dishes all day long on Saturday while I cooked and Sunday afternoon as we cleaned up. It's definitely Team Groh!

I'm thankful that we were able to give back a bit of what we've been given. I told Dan on Saturday that I really should be a caterer because I was in my element and had fun. I was exhausted by yesterday afternoon, but it was a good exhaustion! I made more than enough food and everyone was able to fill up and I had plenty leftover.

I'm feeling thankful this morning for blessings #3,606-3,614.

3606. I love dogs and every now and then think I would love to have one BUT I don't like the mess, my kids are allergic, and our lives are too crazy. So I'm thankful I get my doggy fix each day as I've been letting my neighbor's dog out mid-day for them while their parents who normally do it are away.


3,607. I told Dan the other day that this process of working on consecration has stretched me and I have grown in ways I wouldn't have expected when I first started. That's a blessing!

3,608. My 3D Kids program has not met since Christmas because there has been a snowstorm every single Wednesday night since we were supposed to restart in mid-January. This past week I canceled it on Tuesday because of the impending snow. I'm always a bit uncertain when I do that because things can change but I'm glad I did because sure enough the snow started right on schedule on Wednesday afternoon and it was bad. I'm thankful for good judgment and praying that we can actually finally meet this week.

3,609.I'm thankful for speaking engagements and I'm looking forward to a few that are coming up.

3,610. Flowers from a friend that brightened my day.


3,611. I'm thankful for our worship team that gives up each Saturday morning to practice, prays together and longs to lead our congregation in transformative worship.

3,612. Bars of soap lining my cupboard tops while curing and making my house smell wonderful!


3,613. Quiet Sunday afternoons.

and finally...

3,614. A congregation we love.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live