Stormy Weather




Living in an area of the country where we get lake effect snow means that the weather can be both interesting and unpredictable. One moment we have blue skies and a bit of sunshine and then within just a few hours there are whiteout conditions. Even now as I type this there are huge flakes coming down very quickly, and within 30 minutes we have gotten almost two inches of snow. And yet, an hour ago there were just a few flurries. 

The weather is ever changing and storms come and go very quickly. So I've learned not to get too excited about a storm. It will pass, the sun will come out, and the snow will stop.

That reminds me of when I go through trials. It's easy to get so focused on the storm that I forget it will pass and the sun will come out again. The trial may last a day, a week, or even a month or so. But eventually, the skies will brighten and it will be gone. I just need to have faith that the SON is there and He will see me through.

I know the mini-blizzard going on outside my window will disappear in a few hours. I also work to remember that when I'm going through hard times. God is with me as I go through it and He is working despite the fact that I may only be able to see a few inches in front of me. At times, the only thing I can do is hunker down, trust Him to work, and ride out the storm.

If you are going through a storm, be encouraged! God is at work. Trust Him and He will see you through it. He will give you what you need to walk through those dark clouds and bad weather. And then one day the storm will pass, the skies will turn blue, and the sun will shine once again. 



Psalm 46:1-3 (NIV) ~

God is our refuge and strength,
    an ever-present help in trouble.


Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way
    and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea,

though its waters roar and foam
    and the mountains quake with their surging.

Comments

  1. Wow, but I bet that is beautiful in the summer. I would love to see it then. Where do you live?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's absolutely gorgeous in the summer time. There is something about the lake that makes the vegetation extremely lush and green. It's just the winters that are so harsh but beautiful in their own way. I live on Lake Ontario above Syracuse, NY. We are about 3 miles from the lake.

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live