Take Away


Dan and I have spent the past three days at our District Prayer Conference. Pastors, ministry leaders, and men and women from around the Northeastern District gathered together for prayer, encouragement, worship and fellowship. We went non-stop from early morning until late at night, and fell into bed exhausted each night. But it was a good exhaustion. I felt like I was saturated at the end of each day and filled to the brim after hearing from the Lord in the different workshops, messages, and conversations.

I came home with a full-blown head cold, and even though I can't breathe through my nose and there is a box of tissues and cough drops by my side, my inner-person has been rejuvenated!

Some things I came away with:

  •  Be bold - Don't be afraid to share my faith, live out my faith and lead. We need to lead by example.
  •  Be enthusiastic - I have noticed a shift in myself the past few years where I have lost some of my enthusiasm for ministry because I've absorbed the attitudes and apathy around me. So it was good to get re-energized and re-excited for the ministry the Lord has given me.
  • Be faithful - Don't give up. Don't give in. Continue on and trust God for the results.
  • Be a smarter as I lead - Delegate, allow others to grow in their walk by giving them opportunities to serve the Lord through the use of their gifts.
  • Be a Team - Ministry is really about being part of a team. I need to remember that. I don't want to be a loner, but rally others around me to work together towards a common goal.
  • Be focused- Anyone who knows me knows my tendency to wander down a bunny trail and have too many irons in the fire. I was reminded once again of the importance to stay focused on the mission God has given me. Just because I can do something doesn't mean I should be doing it.
There were other things, but as I reflected, I think those were the big take-aways I received. I'm looking forward to the next few months of ministry and seeing how God will work in both my ministry to my local church and my ministry on the district level. 

It's exciting to follow where God leads and to see Him pave the way before me. I've been refreshed and now it's time to get to work!

Comments

  1. Sounds like an exciting conference Terri, and always good to hear others experiences , I imagine.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live