Portrait of an Encourager


My husband, Dan, definitely has the gift of encouragement. He never has an unkind word to say to anyone, and in our 30 years of marriage I think he's only gotten really angry about 2-3 times. I provoked it big time! He is steady, faithful and a rock.

I'm leaving on Friday to go to our old church for a speaking engagement on Saturday. I really wasn't looking forward to the long ride by myself but he volunteered to come along with me so I wouldn't have to drive. It's the type of person he is. He is always looking out for other people's interests. I've seen God open up doors for him and for him to find favor with people in ways that wouldn't happen for others.

I spoke yesterday morning at a local nursing home where I run a worship service. Dan has been coming with me because his tutoring schedule has changed. So he plays the cajon (a little drum box) for the singing time and leads them in a time of prayer. I asked him a few weeks ago if he would like to take over and do the message since the only reason I started was that he wasn't going to be able to do so. His response was, "Why would I do it when you do an excellent job?" "I want to come as a support for you." Isn't that sweet?

That's the type of person he is. The reason I've been able to do so much in my life has to do with having him in my corner, cheering me on!

Today I'm thankful for my husband, my encourager!

Comments

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live