Bits and Pieces












It's been raining so much that I'm starting to think I need an ark! It's a bit disheartening because the warm-weather season is so short here and it's been cold and rainy for most of the past 6 weeks. In between rain drops I try and get out and walk. 

Last year when I was recovering from knee surgery, I started walking around our property because I don't always have a car and it's convenient. Three times around the perimeter was a mile so it worked perfectly. However, so far this year it's like trying to walk through a swamp so I can't do that. But down the road is a cemetery that's dry and so I've started doing that loop which is the same distance.

Dan and I went to one of our favorite places on Saturday since it stayed dry most of the day. Green Lakes State Park has walking trails around a beautiful blue-green lake and is a nice place to go.

My life has slowed a bit and I'm starting to be able to focus on the house again. What a mess! Emily is coming home tomorrow night for the summer so Stephen is going to be moving back out into the sunroom. So I've been busy reorganizing, deep cleaning and trying to figure out how to make it all work. Unfortunately, our house is very small so even a few things make it looked cluttered.

I picked some dandelions last week to make dandelion jelly. It's so good and tastes like honey. I think I'm going to participate in one of the farmer's markets this summer so wanted to start getting some jams and jellies together. After making the first batch I wanted to make more. My yard was covered with dandelions and on Saturday I was thinking I needed to go pick some but wasn't really in the mood. I thought I'd do it on Sunday afternoon and of course, our yard guy decided to come and mow on Saturday evening! No more dandelions! lol

I've also had time to start sewing a bit more and made a clothespin bag for a neighbor. I love these and they are quick and easy to make. I'm going to be making more of these as well.

It's been a bit of this and a bit of that the past few weeks. I need to work on a message I'm doing on Monday at the local nursing home we are going to and I have a meeting tomorrow afternoon, but for the most part, it should be a quiet week.

Maybe the sun will peak through the clouds at some point this week!

Comments

  1. Green Lakes is lovely. Do they have kayaks there now?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe that they do though we haven’t looked into renting them.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. It's starting to feel like it but, no. We live next to Lake Ontario in Central NY.

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live