Looking Beyond Today

I know they are around because I see evidence of them but this was the first time I've seen a coyote on our property.

These may be what he was looking for!


I love making homemade pizza. It's like a blank canvas to create!

These are blooming late this year.
 


Made another batch of dandelion jelly

This past week has been a mix of ministry, home life, study, baking and doctor's appointment. I've  been busy getting ready to leave for a seven-day long conference on Sunday and then leading a retreat the following weekend. 

On top of that, I had a colonoscopy yesterday morning so spent part of Tuesday and Wednesday prepping for that. The anesthesia they used yesterday morning messed with my body so I spent the entire afternoon and evening sleeping. I think it's still in my system because I'm fairly weepy this morning and I usually have that reaction to it.

It's dreary and cold out today, and to be honest, kind of matches my mood. But, I've learned to realize that my feelings don't match my reality. I just need to keep moving forward and keep my eyes fixed on the Lord. Over time, I've learned to look beyond my immediate circumstances and no that there is hope for tomorrow.

I'm headed to Orlando, FL on Sunday morning and Dan and Emily will be joining me on Tuesday. I have to go a few days early for meetings and then we will both be there for our denomination's General Council. It's a time when our denomination's official workers from all over the United States as well as some of our International Workers come together for encouragement, fellowship, worship and challenge. Dan and I could definitely use some of that, so are looking forward to it, as well as seeing some friends from around the globe.

Maybe it will actually feel like spring when I return. ;-) So I'm going to look beyond today and trust that there will be bright skies ahead!

Comments

  1. My coworker and I just this morning were talking about an article she read about how dandelions are apparently good for you and I said some people make jam. It looks good but what does it taste like?

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it tastes like honey. I gave some to my neighbor and she said the same thing. I'm not sure how healthy it is once you add all the sugar to it! lol

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.