Wednesday Words of Encouragement: Be a Bird Brain


I sat on my deck with my eyes closed and just listened.

Listened to a chorus of trills, chirps, and songs.

Oh to be like a bird.  They flit from tree to tree, snatching up a seed or some other morsel.  No cares.  No worries.  No wondering.  They just live in the moment.

I, on the other hand, hardly ever live in the moment.  Like a tape player that never shuts off, my mind mulls over past conversations, present worries, future concerns.

"How are we going to pay this bill?"

"What if Emily doesn't find a job when she comes home?"

"Why did that person say something so unkind?"

"What if I don't pass my consecration exam?"

Why, what, when, how are all questions that play over and over and over.

And yet, Jesus says to be a bird brain.  To live in the moment.  To have no worries.


Matthew 6:25-27 ~ 

"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?"

Is my life richer because I worry?

Can I change my circumstances by worrying?

Have my children felt safe and secure in their lives by hearing Dan & I talk about our concerns?

Can I add anything of value to my life by my lack of trust?



If my Heavenly Father cares for the birds and feeds them, how much more does He care for me?  My life is in His hands.   He has it under control.

Why do I try and play God?  What makes me think that I can handle things so much better?  All my meddling does is leave me with a headache, a knot in my stomach and a furrowed brow.

The birds have the right idea.

Sing

Be joyful.

Let God do the worrying.

Live in the Moment.

Let go.

Be a bird brain!

Comments

  1. You will pass you exam, Emily will get a job, you will be okay because you have the faith, keep going my friend, I am rooting for you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.