For Better and For Worse


Thirty-one years ago we said, "I do," not knowing what that really meant. We've been through good times, bad times, and in between times.  We are currently going through the valley and some days it's just hard. And it's easy to lash out at each other even though neither one of us is the cause of the valley. 

But as we celebrate our 31st wedding anniversary today, I am so thankful for this man that I'm walking through life with. This week has been a particularly trying week and yesterday I was not the nicest woman to live with. But my husband is unendingly patient and forgives me. I married a gem and didn't even realize it at the time. 

Unfortunately, today is one of those days where "life" is getting in the way and I'm not even sure we are going to be able to do anything to celebrate it. But I'm thankful for the man I'm married to and am so thankful that God brought us together all those years ago.

Happy Anniversary to my rock!

Comments

  1. Happy Anniversary. Hope you both are able to have a beautiful and relaxing day.
    Your children are blessed to have your example of faithfulness and love to look up to. God bless :).

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy anniversary to you both. I know all about valleys we have spent many more years there than on the mountains let me tell you. Now with hubs hearing and Parkinsons condition it can be a trial everyday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary! Praying God will lift you and your family out of this valley- just as He pulls us out of the miry pit. Thank you for your transparency it is a blessing to the rest of us who also go through valleys. :O)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy anniversary!
    Yes my husband and I too are going through a valley right now but God is so good
    He knows he sees
    I hope One day to visit your church

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a beautiful day! Happy Anniversary <3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live