Summer has Arrived


It was so windy that I had to anchor almost everything down.



Estonian Kringle Cinnamon Bread

My farmers market haul - $35 bought me all this.

A new recipe - tomato, feta and swiss chard quiche

Flowers from my husband

We went out to dinner and then for a walk by the lake for our anniversary.


I like this runner with the burlap though burlap is a pain in the neck to work with. It has variations in color, doesn't always lie flat and doesn't iron out easily. But I like the end result.

It's been a busy and productive week. Can you believe another month has flown by? The weather has warmed up and summer has arrived. The temperatures are cooler than normal and we've had so much rain. Along the Lake Ontario shoreline there is much flooding and unfortunately, many properties are being damaged.

I'm gearing up today and tomorrow for the next farmers market which is tomorrow from 3-8 p.m. It seems like the weather will be decent for it. I did fairly well last week and just need to tweak a few things. I did apply to the Dept. of Agriculture to get cookies, muffins and granola added to my home processing license. I think those will do well there.

I've been getting ready for a district women's event this Sunday. It seems no matter how well I prepare for something there are always last minute hiccups. I'm praying that it will be a good event.

I started working on my last consecration paper but there have been so many interruptions this week that I haven't gotten very far. I have one more book to finish and then I'm finished with my requirements. Then it is going to be study, study, study for the next few months.

Our church served lunch to the faculty and staff of the local elementary school. We do this each year at the end of the school year and they love it. 

I've been taking time each day to do some sewing and usually complete a project or two a day. It's felt good to sew again.

Emily got a job and while it's certainly not what we envisioned, it's providing her with some income. It's hard to be a 20-year-old who has been on her own for the past two years at college and then to be home for the summer! We don't live the most exciting lives for a someone her age. ;-)

I'm off to get started on my bread baking for tomorrow. I'll make the loaves today that keep for quite a few days and then tomorrow I'll do those with a shorter shelf life.

Have a great day!

Comments

  1. Wish I lived close enough to attend the farmers market, as your breads and jams look amazing. I hope you do well with sales.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Theresa! It was a good day at the market!

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live