Crafty Things


I need to hand sew the binding to the back and iron it

Same as above



I've been attempting to sew a few times a week so I can keep replenishing my inventory. I participate in the local farmer's market and I wasn't expecting to sell so many home décor items but I've been pleasantly surprised that each week I sell at least 2-3 items.

The soup bowl cozies are a hit and I find it's better if I let people purchase 1 or 2 rather than a complete set of 4. Most that are interested in them only want a fewer number.

I've been making those simple table runners, like the red one show above, for a while now. I can charge less for them and they sell well. But I've missed making the quilted ones so did a couple of those this week. It was fun to mix and match fabrics and designs.

Someone just bought ten of my disposable coffee cup sleeves or cozies so I'll need to replenish those and I also need to make more of the wrap around tea pot cozies. I also received an order for a rice bag. I actually bought flax seeds for it as it won't go bad and conforms well to whatever you are putting it on.

I am thankful that my sewing is bringing in some money and I'm getting orders. I get to generate some income doing what I enjoy! I'm trying to stockpile enough to make a dent on Emily's upcoming tuition bill. It probably won't make that big of a difference but every little bit helps.

Comments

  1. As well as you sew you should be at least hemming pants this would bring in extra cash as well and it is fast and easy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the fabric you have used for your table runners, so pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live