Summer's End









There is the cloyingly sweet scent of fermenting berries in the air. The temperatures are cooler, the leaves are just starting to turn, and acorns are dropping from the trees as we walk. The vibrant green that was everywhere during the summer is getting a yellowish hue to it and you can tell that autumn is just around the corner. 

There is a different feel to the end of summer and I look forward with anticipation to the fall. It is my favorite time of the year and I look forward to pumpkins, cider, scented candles and apple-picking. Even though we get pounded with snow all winter long, I still enjoy everything about the fall. 

I'm trying to take time each day to look up from my computer and get outside and walk a bit. I want to soak in every minute I can before the winter's arrival. If I blink it will be gone and so I'm trying to keep my eyes wide open, enjoying each moment of this season.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live