The Faithfulness of God


I've been in full-time ministry for the past 30 years and I don't know why I'm always so surprised at God's faithfulness even though I've seen it happen time and time again. 

I remember the time when Dan and I worked for an inner city ministry. We had to raise our own support and there was always a fluctuation from month to month in people's giving. One month we had an insurance payment coming up and didn't have the money for it, and weren't sure what we were going to do. It was due on Tuesday and by Sunday we still didn't have what we needed.  We spent some time in prayer that morning, decided we were going to just have to trust God, and then went off to church for the morning service. We hadn't said anything to anyone about our need. After the service someone came up to me and handed me an envelope and said, "I felt God leading me to give you this." It was a check for the exact amount we needed down to the penny!

These type of things have happened to us all throughout our years of ministry so you think by now I would be used to God showing up and doing His thing when we need it. I shared that Emily's work study job had gotten cut and she was without a job. I'm proud of my daughter because she got busy looking for another job immediately. She called me yesterday to let me know that she had received a phone call from the supervisor of the job she just lost. Apparently this woman worked hard to find out what the problem was and to make a long story short, got Emily's job back. So she is back working at the job she really liked. I'm thankful that God answered prayer in a very unexpected way.

We've seen God miraculously heal people, we've seen Him provide, and we've seen Him work in situations where there was no hope. I'm thankful for that part of His character. He remains faithful despite our weaknesses. This morning I am rejoicing because my He showed His faithfulness to my daughter and to us. My prayer is I would do a better job of not wavering in remembering how often He does exactly what He says.

2 Timothy 2:13 ~ If we are faithless, He remains faithful, for He cannot deny Himself.

Comments

  1. So pleased for Emily. We have an amazing Father!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes he is faithful when our faith is little
    When one has not had a father figure in their life it is difficult to comprehend his love for us
    So happy for Emily (and you-it will help with your finances)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny I was going to write you and tell Emily to go back to the job office as often kids don't show up or quit jobs and the squeaky wheel gets the grease. I have seen God's hand so many times in my life and yet I still complain and think I don't have enough or I get jealous of someone and want more. But I am so grateful to be at a place where I can do more for others. It is a blessing to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She did go back to the office that handles work study and they told her there was nothing they could do. This was her supervisor who pushed so I'm very thankful that God worked in this way.

      Delete
  4. So glad to hear this good news! Our God is so good!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.