The Path Chosen for Me












I'm reading a book by John Maxwell called Intentional Living. It's a good book though much of what's in it I already knew and have implemented. But one of the things that he talks about in there is finding your one thing and the why behind what you do.

I've struggled with staying focused for much of my life and I think a lot of that is because I always am going a thousand directions. In the book, he talks about people who are multi-gifted struggling with narrowing down their one thing. As I read that I laughed out loud, read the passage to Dan and he said, "That's exactly what your problem is!" You don't focus on one main thing. You have a hundred things going on.

It was a good challenge for me as I sit, pray and keep to the direction God wants me to go. None of the things I do are bad things and they all bring me satisfaction and fulfillment. The problem is that nothing ever becomes my primary focus because I'm off on a bunny trail as I travel along this path.

I think if I could keep in mind the WHY I'm going a certain direction that it will keep me from getting off the path chosen for me. I need to stay focused, keep to one direction, and keep trodding along the path God has chosen for me to walk along.

The difference we can make in this world is huge if we stick to our purpose, remember the why behind our purpose and keep on moving!

Comments

  1. I think God wants people in the world to see something different about us
    not that we are perfect but different
    Thinking of your Mom and hope she is doing better

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Linda. She's all finished with her treatments and they will be monitoring her for a while. I appreciate the prayers.

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.