When You Can't Fix It


I am a fixer by nature. If I see a problem, I want to get it resolved. If something needs action, then I'm the first one to step up and take care of it. My motto has always been, "Let's get the problem solved and let's move on."

But, there are some things that I can't fix and for someone who is a doer that is frustrating.I can't fix a broken heart. I can't fix negativity in others. I can't fix anxieties. I can't fix anyone else's spiritual life. I can only work on me.

But the one tool I do have is the ability to pray.  And I'm praying hard for different ones in my life. Praying that they would be set free to live the life that God wants them to have. I want them to experience the freedom that we have in Christ. It's not a freedom to live self-centered and selfish lives, but a freedom that brings joy only He can give.

I can't fix this in others, but I know the One is the ultimate fixer of all problems. And He has the right tools for the job. I guess I do have a way to fix something. I can pray!

Philippians 4:6 ~

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.

Comments

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live

When Christmas Doesn't Quite Feel Like Christmas