Working my Plan


The weather has been beautiful lately. Warm during the days with bright sunny skies and then it gets cool at night. My flowers are a bit confused as the tulips which normally only open in the spring have come back up and are flowering.

It's the perfect weather for soups and comfort foods like macaroni & cheese.




I recently bought a few more heads of cabbage at the local farmers market and have been pounding it down to make sauerkraut. It's amazing how nothing but cabbage and salt make this amazingly tasty condiment.


This week I've been studying, preparing a message for next Monday, working on a Bible study which I'm writing for Wednesday morning and a devotional for Thursday night. So a lot of my time is in front of the computer.

In between that I've also been getting ready for a craft show this Saturday.


One thing I'm excited about is that I applied and was accepted into a huge holiday craft show and expo put on by the Junior League of Syracuse. It's a juried show and my application with samples went before a panel of judges so it was an honor to be accepted. It will take place the second weekend in November over the course of three days with thousands of shoppers coming through. So I definitely need to build up my inventory. My sewing machine has been humming along when I find time for that. 



I have a district retreat next weekend that I've been planning so my focus is really on that at the moment. And because I've got so many different things taking place, I've been working hard at having a plan for each day and sticking to it. The day after my retreat our church's missions conference starts and Dan and I put together those events. It's going to be a busy few weeks.

I'm off to get started on today's activities - write a report for a meeting tonight, work on a talk, make a batch of cookie dough for cookies I'm selling at the event this weekend, work on retreat items, and then spend an hour or two sewing. There's a bunch of other stuff interspersed in there but you get the picture. 

“Plan your work for today and every day, then work your plan” Margaret Thatcher

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. I really do! From about dinner time on I am not moving most days.

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live