No Words








As I walk around my back field each day in the effort to get moving, my thoughts tend to ramble.  I pray, I think, and sometimes my thoughts just meander and ponder on different things going on in my life. Other times, I'm thinking of things I can write about. Some of the reason I enjoy walking and taking photographs is that it inspires me to write.

This morning I got out there early to beat the rain that is coming. The air was heavy with moisture and my shoes got wet fairly quickly. As I walked I was thinking that so very often it's hard for me to put some of my thoughts into words. Words just seem so inadequate at times to express what's in my heart. 

We live in a society where everyone is quick to use their words. They use them to state their opinions which are often not based on facts. They use them to try and inspire. Some use them to inflict pain and wounds. We have leaders who should really use their words LESS. Sometimes the more words we use, the bigger the mess we create. 

There are times when I have a moment that is full of clarity and brilliance and I wish I could capture those moments with the right words. Those are the moments when everything comes into focus and for a brief second I understand what God is doing and how He is working in my life. Sometimes those moments last longer than others, but there are many times when I can't clearly see the path before me.

1 Corinthians 2:9-13 says, 
But as it is written,
What no eye has seen, no ear has heard,
and no human heart has conceived—
God has prepared these things for those who love him.[a]
Now God has revealed these things to us by the Spirit, since the Spirit searches everything, even the depths of God.  For who knows a person’s thoughts except his spirit within him? In the same way, no one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God. Now we have not received the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who comes from God, so that we may understand what has been freely given to us by God. 
I'm thankful for those clear moments when I can sense God's presence and hear Him speaking to me. There are no words to describe those moments and that's okay. Sometimes words are not necessary.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live