Biting off More than I Can Chew






Now that a move is looming in front of us, I often feel like a person who takes a huge bite of food and finds it's too much for their mouth. In other words, I've bitten off more than I can chew!

I feel a bit overwhelmed with all that needs to happen before we can move, especially with the holidays in front of us. I need to find boxes, pack them up, get things transferred over, finish up a couple of sewing jobs, plan Christmas services, help Stephen find a place to live, get him moved in, get Nathan set up with the services he's going to need in our new place, get us moved out, and on and on. However, I'm going to tackle this by making a list and just  start plugging away at it.

I did manage to pack two boxes yesterday just because there were two boxes laying around. Nathan is supposed to be bringing me more from his job. The biggest issue I'm going to run into is we just have no storage here for either empty boxes or full ones so timing is key. We've decided to make a couple of trips to the new house and try and take things out there gradually so it's not so much all at once. 

Monday we are headed there to drop off some things, get some measurements, spend the night at Dan's parents, and then pick up Emily on our way back home so she can come home for Thanksgiving. 

I also heard on the news last night that a local company is collecting old electronic items this Saturday so we will be happily taking some things there that have been taking up space and need to be discarded. The timing for this was perfect!

One thing I am looking forward to this weekend is my consecration service which is happening on Sunday night. I'm so thankful that I can celebrate with our church family who supported and helped me through the past couple of years. 

I'm off to make a list and get started. I've always enjoyed having a project to do so perhaps this isn't all bad! 😉

Comments

  1. My mum used to say...Just do one thing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you have to move yourself or will you get help?
    What type of new home will you have?
    So much on your plate now but you will make it
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are moving ourselves and the new place is a small ranch. The plus side is that it has a finished basement and a lot more storage.

      Delete
  3. You and I need to run away together as we are both in the same boat. Yikes!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.