Holiday Prep

Why do I never have my camera when I need it?


Emily sent me a picture of her latest art work and I love it!


Rice and Flax Seed Hot and Cold Therapy Bags


We've been in a snow globe the past few days and while it's pretty, it seems very January-like. I'm very thankful that the temperatures are supposed to warm back up over the next few days. I went next door for a meeting the other night and there was the most beautiful full moon. I wish I had my camera with me because the cell phone camera just doesn't capture it's beauty.

The holidays are upon us and I've been busy sewing and filling some orders, baking cookies for my consecration service, for an upcoming holiday farmer's market, and for Christmas. I just put them in the freezer until I'm ready for them.

I love this time of the year and everything about it. I need to pull blueberries out of my freezer and turn them into jam for the farmer's market. I'm not sure I'll get to that today but it's on my list for the next couple of weeks. 

Nathan brought me home a turkey from work the other day. They were on sale at the store where he works for $.37 per pound which is fabulous. So he got a $30 turkey for $9.52. Works for me! :-) I bought some things for the Thanksgiving baskets our church does, but other than the turkey haven't gotten anything for our meal.

I sat down and came up with a menu for Thanksgiving. It's just going to be the 5 of us this year and I've gotten a few requests from my kids. Here is the plan:

Butternut squash soup to start

Turkey with cornbread dressing
Mashed potatoes & gravy
Sweet potatoes

Homemade rolls
Homemade cranberry-orange chutney
Tossed salad 
Green bean casserole (this is one I really am not a fan of but it was requested)

Dessert - Apple pie, pumpkin pie and blueberry pie

I bought some cute fabric and am going to turn it into napkins for the table. Emily made me laugh the other day because she told me Thanksgiving isn't Thanksgiving without the fancy china and fancy table decorations. I'm glad she appreciates the special touches I've always tried to do during the holidays.

I'm looking forward to Thanksgiving and it's hard to believe it's only two weeks away!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live