Thanksgiving Blessings











The pies are made, cornbread is done and waiting to be turned into dressing. The rolls have been baked and cranberry-orange & ginger relish is chilling in the refrigerator. I spent yestereday baking and prepping for Thanksgiving.

Dan & I arrived home on Monday night to find that Stephen had put the tree together for us so I decorated it yesterday. Our tradition has always been to do it the day after Thanksgiving, but Thanksgiving came late this year and nothing is normal anyway with the move so I thought, "Why not do it now?" It adds a festive touch to the day.

I have much to be thankful for and God has shown His hand on our lives in different ways. At times I fixate on the problem and forget to trust Him and see how He is orchestrating things in our lives. He is already working out some of the huge obstacles ahead of us in this move.


  • Stephen needs to find a place to rent but the rents are outrageous for his income. He really could use a roommate but doesn't know anyone who was in the same situation. A pastor-friend approached us on Sunday night and told us of a young man in his congregation looking for a roommate too and connected him with Stephen. Then last night I got a message from a woman I know and it turns out it was her son. They are going to look at a place on Tuesday.

  • We discovered that our next door neighbor at our new place is a manager at the Wegman's in our new city. Nathan works at Wegman's and is looking into being transferred there. I'm thankful for this connection and we will be introducing ourselves to her soon.

  • We met with Nathan's job coach and she is going to get the ball rolling with setting Nathan up with the agency who will help him out in our new area. Some of these things are overwhelming to me so it was nice to have her help.

  •  Dan and I are able to make a couple of trips out to the new place and bring things with us so hopefully, we won't be totally overwhelmed the day of the trip. We've coordinated it with picking Emily up and bringing her back to college so it's not just a trip to move things.

So God is working things out and we see Him opening doors for our kids. As we celebrate Thanksgiving today, my heart is full of gratitude. 

Happy Thanksgiving to you!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live