"Don't Want to Pack it and Move it" Food Challenge


I was looking at my pantry the other day and realized that I have so many cans, boxes and bags of things in there. Of course, it means more to pack. So I got thinking about it and decided to challenge myself to use up what I have over the next 5 weeks. 

I'm still going to grocery shop for fruits and vegetables and some essentials but my goal is to plan my menus around what I already have in my pantry and the two freezers. One freezer is a chest freezer and the other is over the refrigerator.

So this afternoon I took an inventory, threw out some expired and damaged things and this is what I'm left with. This does not include oils, vinegars or spices.

Pantry Items:
1 28 oz. can pumpkin
1 14 oz. can coconut milk
1 can of matzo meal
2 jars of olives - 1 of Spanish and 1 Kalamata
1 3/4 of a jar of capers
2  1 cans of black olives
1 jar of mayonnaise
1 bottle of spicy brown mustard
1 bag kidney beans
1 bag chick peas
2 1 packs of taco shells
1 taco kit
1 box lasagna noodles
1 box fettuccini noodles
1 box rotini pasta
2 boxes elbow pasta
1 box shell pasta
1 box farfalle pasta
1 bag couscous
1 bag quinoa
1 1/4 bag black quinoa
2 1 1/2 bags of panko breadcrumbs
1 can cranberry sauce
1 can of chicken alfredo (yuck! I think one of my kids bought that)
1 can of spaghetti & meatballs - Same as above
4 cans of tuna
1 28 oz. can tomato sauce
1 28 oz. can of tomato puree
4 2 -14 oz. cans diced tomatoes 1 can left
2 One 6 oz. cans of tomato paste
1 can of chicken noodle soup
2 1-14 oz. cans of sweetened condensed milk

Baking Supplies:
35 20 10 5 lbs. of flour
20 12 8 lbs. of sugar
5 lbs. of rye flour
10 lbs. of whole wheat flour
5  4 lbs of powdered sugar
2 1/2 1 lb. of rolled oats

3  2  1 lbs. of brown sugar
6 oz. of dried cranberries
20 12 oz. of raisins
1 bag of dates
2 1 cups of unsweetened coconut
2 lbs. of yeast
4
  3 lbs. of butter


Freezer #1
1 lb. bacon
1 box frozen spinach
1 bag of coffee beans
1 turkey carcass
2 cups raspberries
1 bag beets
1 lb. bulk sausage
6 sausage links
1/2 lb. chorizo sausage
32 16 oz. mozzarella cheese

Freezer #2
1 1/2 bags of corn
6 cups of shredded yellow squash
2  1 bag of green beans
2  1 bag of peas
1 bag of chicken nuggets
1/2 bag French fries
1/2 bag pierogies
6 bagels
1 bag cut rhubarb
4 cups of peaches
1 bag hash browns
3 2 1 bags of chicken breast (about 3 large breasts per bag)
1 3 lb. bag of chicken thighs
1 package of pork chops
5  4 lbs. 2 One lb. ground beef
2 lbs. Italian sausage
4 3 bags of pepperoni
4 cups of blackberries
8 cups of blueberries
1 cup of pumpkin

This doesn't include what I already have in my refrigerator. I love a good challenge so I'm looking forward to coming up with menus for the next few weeks, as well as using up some things as I bake for the holidays.

Let the challenge begin!

Comments

  1. You’ve got quite a lot- you should be able cook lots of good things

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a number of ideas swirling around my brain!

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live