Multitude Monday


I have much to do over the next two days which mostly involves grocery shopping and being in the kitchen and cooking. However, I wanted to write a Multitude Monday post today because there is so much to be thankful for this week. 

Luke 2:11-14 ~

Today in the city of David a Savior was born for you, who is the Messiah, the Lord. This will be the sign for you: You will find a baby wrapped tightly in cloth and lying in a manger.” Suddenly there was a multitude of the heavenly host with the angel, praising God and saying: Glory to God in the highest heaven, and peace on earth to people he favors!

There are many times when I see God's hand of blessing on me and I do feel His favor resting on me. It's a humbling experience to see Him working in our lives in ways unimagined and so undeserved. I'm a frail and sinful woman and yet, God continues to shower me with His blessings. Unmerited grace; what a gift!

This week I'm thankful for the blessings #3,736 ~ 3,747.

3736. I mentioned in a previous post that Nathan got the transfer to the new store in our new city. I'm thankful when God shows my kids how good He is.

3737. I was able to enjoy some Christmas activities this week. With the move it hasn't really been feeling like the holidays and yet, this past week has been enjoyable.

3738. Stephen is all moved into his new apartment with his new roommate. God even worked in this as after their mutual pastor-friend connected the two young men, I found out that Steve's roommate was the son of a friend. I'm thankful he has someone close by if need be.


3739. We laid out quite a bit of unexpected money between our move, Steve's move and the holidays. But we also received a few unexpected gifts which added up to the exact amount we laid out. Wow!

3740. I'm thankful for technology. I'm able to be a part of district meetings via zoom which is something that wasn't available years ago. I can sit in my own house, be part of the meeting without having to drive a few hours to get to that meeting.

3741. I've been so unsettled feeling because we are moving. I'm starting to feel disconnected here and yet, I'm not connected to the new church. Things are changing, including my roles and for me that's just, "Ugh!" However, God is working in me through this and sometimes He wants me to just be still so I will listen.

3742. I led my last ladies Bible study here this past week. I'm going to miss my sweet friends. This has been a unique experience here and I'm thankful for this moment in time I've had with them.


3743. I'm thankful for family traditions and celebrations. We are all looking forward to some traditions this week!

3744. My kids have a funny sense of humor. Last night Steve came for dinner and we were chatting about what I planned for Christmas day dinner. Stephen was dictating....er, suggesting what I put in the lasagna. Then he said, "You have to do what I want because I'm the guest!" lol

3745. Someone let us borrow a brand new shredder so we can shred some personal papers.

3746. Another friend let me borrow her air mattress so Stephen has a place to sleep on Christmas eve.

and finally...

3747. I'm thankful for the reminders I have of God at work in our lives.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live