'Twas 5 Days Before Christmas









I have things to pack, papers to shred, organizing that needs to happen but to be honest, I've kind of ignored all that this week. Christmas is less than a week away and I'd rather focus on that, plus I did have other things that needed my attention too. Stephen moves to his new apartment tomorrow and until he moves out there really isn't anywhere to put packed boxes anyway. At least that's my justification for the moment. ;-)

Instead I've been writing Christmas cards, putting together cookie tins, getting packages ready to mail, and sewing. 

I had a couple of quilt projects that I needed to finish up for a friend and got those finished this week. I made a ribbon quilt and a t-shirt quilt from her daughter's swim awards and t-shirts. They turned out really cute. And I also had an alterior motive for finishing up. The table I sew on is a small kitchen table and that is going to Stephen tomorrow. So I really HAD to sew, didn't I?

We've had lots of snow this week and while it's pretty I'm hoping there is a window of no snow for our move. I'd love to say we are moving to where it snows less, but we are just exchanging one Great Lake for another, and our new city is also on top of another lake as well, so many years they get as much or more snow than we do.

Today I'm off to Christmas shop for Dan, get some more cards done, and then help Stephen pack some of his stuff. My son's way of packing is to throw everything by the armful into a car and be extremely stressed out that we aren't moving fast enough. And when he's overwhelmed he procrastinates which means not a box is packed. So while he's at work, I'm taking matters into my own hands. It's a mother's perogative, right? ;-)

My heart is full as yesterday Nathan found out that his request to be transferred from the store he works at to the location in our new town was approved. That is one huge stress off our plate. God is good and His timing is perfect.

We are all looking forward to Christmas! I just need to come up with a food plan. I went grocery shopping for a few essentials yesterday, but decided to hold off on the Christmas food shopping until Monday when I can get a plan in place.

Christmas is coming! It's going to be merry, and it really is the most wonderful time of the year!

Comments

  1. So pleased to hear Nathan's news, that must be one less worry for you.
    Wishing you a peacful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is wonderful news for Nathan. I hope Stephen enjoys his new place.
    The pic out the window is beautiful. Snow is pretty for a bit but after Christmas I would gladly see it go :).

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like snow until about January and then I'm done. However, we live in the Northeast so that isn't going to happen! lol

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live