The Energizer Bunny has Removed her Batteries

We've been in our new house for approximately 10 days and are starting to get settled. I still have boxes everywhere but are getting things put away. I've been to the bank, the doctor's office to get established, grocery shopping and to different places in our new area. I'm also starting to get to know different people in the church. This week we went to lunch at one couple's home and today I went to someone's home for coffee. Anyone who knows me knows that I plunge in wherever I am and get to work. I love being in ministry and in each church we have served in I've rolled my sleeves up and gotten busy. I'm like that energizer bunny that just keeps going. So it's very different for me to deliberately wait and observe for a bit before jumping in. I'm recognizing that at this point in my life that my role is going to involve training other people rather than doing it all myself. There are moments though when I feel like I'm sitting here with my engine revving and wanting to push on the gas with all my might, but keeping it in gear instead. That's very unsettling, but also very necessary. There have been so many texts and emails that I've started to write about doing something and then deleted them! Dan has specifically asked me to help him put together a couple of workshops, do specific tasks, and implement some things in the church that he wants to see happen. So that seems like it's going to be more of the role I play here. It will involve using my gifts of administration and teaching, but in a different way. I still have a large role that I play as the women's director for our district and that will be my primary focus. We have 75 churches in our district and that keeps me very busy. So I want to be selective as I choose my ministry within our own church. I have a blank slate in front of me and I'm being careful to put the right things on that slate. I'm trying to keep my energizer batteries out so I can take the time and listen to what God wants me to do instead of plunging in and doing it and hoping He catches up! And I'm reminding myself of the following verse on a daily basis. Psalm 27:14 ~ Wait patiently for the Lord; be strong and courageous. Wait patiently for the Lord.

Comments

  1. Very sensible Terri, wait and see what the Lord has in store for you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live