I Am


I woke up with the feeling that my hands were on fire and when I looked, they were covered with hives. As I dug at my palms and fingers the raging itching would not subside. The only thing that works is the prescription ointment the doctor gave me. I never know when I'm going to have a flare-up of the dyshidrotic eczema that I deal with year round.

The same is true with my insecurities. Things will be humming along when all of the sudden, unwelcome thoughts tear at my well-being. No matter how much I try to ignore them, those ugly thoughts chip away at me. While these insecurities may show up in different forms the ultimate message is, "You are not enough!"

I am thankful that I've lived long enough to recognize this ugly lie from the enemy of my soul. And while I may struggle with that unsettling feeling for a few days, I know it's an untruth. I know that if I stay focused on what I'm not, I'll never remember who I am.

And God reminds me who I am...


  • I am cherished as His daughter.
  • I am called for a unique purpose.
  • I am created for HIs delight.
  • I am carried in His arms.
  • I am cared for by my Lord.
  • I am claimed as His own by the blood of Christ.
  • I am cupped in the palms of HIs nail-scarred hands.

When I remember who I am, it doesn't matter what I'm not. And when I focus on the right thing those insecurities fly right out of my mind. What matters is who the Lord says I am and what really matters is the ultimate I am...

I am chosen!

Comments

  1. Thank you for this reminder - I need it this morning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a reminder we can all use from time to time!

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live