Rhythm


Made broccoli-cheddar soup for Dan and Nathan one day

Still need to put up new curtains






I unpacked my final box last week and have it all put away. Things are settling into a rhythm here and I'm finally finding my groove. 

This week I started sewing again and adding things to my Etsy shop and I'm thankful that I have a room to do this in here. It's a combination office/sewing room and Stephen stays there when he's visiting, so it's not all my own, but it works and it keeps the creative mess out of the rest of the house.

Our new city has an awesome library and we made a trip there last week. I have missed going and I was excited to see that it's a large library with two floors of books. We have a new doctor and he is thorough and the staff is pleasant and easy to deal with. We've gotten to know our way around fairly easily and I'm thankful that all the stores and necessities are within a 5 mile radius. The past 20 years of our lives have required us driving 30-40 minutes to get where we needed to go to shop. I'm loving the convenience of this city.

We are settling into our new church. The people are very sweet and I'm learning names and working on finding my new normal here as well. While it's different and change always is an adjustment period, it's a good fit for us. I miss our friends, but I'm thankful for the kindness of new friends.

So after floundering around for a month and feeling unsettled, the machinery of my life is starting to hum along. I'm thankful for settling in and getting into my rhythm.  


Our new church

Comments

  1. Oh I am so happy you are settling in and things are going well
    Change is not easy for me but you seem to be doing great
    We have a wonderful library here also

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our last library was basically one room with a very small selection. I'm happy this one is so large.

      Delete
  2. You are doing so well Terri, unpacked already and settling in. What a lovely church that looks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m glad life is getting more comfortable.
    Your new church building is really pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live