One Day at a Time








Today started out not so great. I woke up, it was dreary and raining and I felt a wave of depression wash over me. However, what started out not so good ended up being a very good day.

Dan and I went to the church and practiced the music and message for tomorrow's live stream service. It's so different to be doing it this way and my non-techie husband has really stepped up to learn new things. 

After lunch, Dan did a bit of work and then he and the boys went to the church to hang out and play some ping pong. I cut 22 yards of fabric for our local fabric store. They are giving out free kits for people to make face masks and can't keep up with the cutting. Our church secretary works there and asked if I'd be willing to cut some.

For the first time ever I tried my hand at grinding my own flour from wheat berries. It worked great and I made pizza for dinner from the flour. 

I made my own pizza sauce and then had fun coming up with the different kinds. Tonight we had the following:

Onion, peppers, bacon and mozzarella
Onion, peppers, tomatoes and mozzarella
Onion, Kalamata olives, spinach and goat cheese

I like to cook and bake and have willing taste testers so it's always enjoyable making things. 

I find as long as I keep busy and active my emotions keep at bay. So I'm working on putting together some projects to keep my mind and my hands active. 

I'm taking it one day at a time and trying to find both the humor and blessing in each day.

Comments