Eyes of Wonder


The other day I was digging in the dirt and feeling the warm sunshine on my head and shoulders as I planted flowers. As I was mechanically putting the flowers into the ground the thought occurred to me that I better open my eyes before I miss the moment.

Creativity ~ beauty ~ wonder ~ watchfulness have been a part of my life for as long as I can remember and yet for the past few months it seems as if I've had my eyes closed. It feels like I have a cloud surrounding me. 

I've forgotten to look for the beauty around me. As I keep my eyes open and stay alert that I see God's hand in the small moments that I might otherwise miss. 

I see his hand in the bee buzzing on a blossom. It's in the satisfaction that comes from making beautiful landscape. It's in the joy that happens when I make special moments for my family. His hand is in the mundane, the insignificant, and the small.

I want to keep my eyes open and full of the wonder that unfolds before me each day. I don't want to blink and miss the moment.  

Some beauty moments this week....

A special feast to celebrate Emily's homecoming

Beauty in new planting

Dipladenia

A gift for a friend

Warm cups of tea

I want to keep my eyes wide open so I don't miss those little blessings in my life. I want to have eyes of wonder because every little moment is a truly a gift from God.

A reason to be thankful on this Monday morning.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live