Multitude Monday





It's 6 a.m. and I'm sitting on my back patio and soaking in the peace. Birds chirping, chipmunks chasing one another, and every so often the sweet scent of lilacs ripples past my nose. 

As I open my Bible my eyes fall on the passage in Acts 15 where Paul and Barnabas bring words of encouragement to the Gentile believers in Antioch. The passage tells us that the believers were strengthened by their encouragement and message.

How often do my words bring encouragement and strength to another? This weekend my careless words caused a family member to spiral down into self-loathing and depression. That was not my intent, but because I didn't choose my words carefully that was the result and it took an entire day for the effects of my thoughtless words to wear off. It took a day for the sick feeling to leave the pit of my stomach. 

How many times do we spew words that bring discouragement and weakness to another? We spout off flippant words without thinking of the consequences. I want to do better. I'm ashamed to say that my words are often many, and not carefully chosen. And yet, I want to use the time I've been given to speak encouragement and hope to others. 

Lord, help me to do better. Give me your words to speak.

I want my words to be a healing balm to bring comfort to another. I want to be an instrument of peace in God's hands. 

Lord, words are easily spoken and not easily forgotten. Help me to choose my words wisely.

It's Monday and it's the day to list my blessings. I'm thankful for the reminder this morning to encourage.

This week I'm thankful for the blessings #3,801 - 3811.

3801. I'm thankful for plants that seem to have grown by leaps and bounds overnight.



3802. I'm so thankful that Emily worked hard this semester and got excellent grades. She was determined!


3803. I'm thankful for a friend who let me come pick dandelions at her house. I was able to make 24 jars of dandelion jelly this weekend.

3804. I'm thankful for many orders I've received this week. Every little bit helps.


3805. I'm so thankful for the gentleman in our church who stepped in to do the sound and video. It's not something I enjoy so it's nice to have that off my plate.

3806. I'm thankful for beautiful flowers.


3807. I've been making a few batches of cookies every few days for the farmer's market. Cookies freeze well so can be made ahead and that frees me up to make the bread the night before market day. So far I have about 15 dozen cookies in my freezer.


3808. I'm thankful for a home that allows options for setting up my sewing. When Steve is visiting he is in my sewing room so yesterday afternoon, I set up a table and l was able to watch (well...more listen) to a show while I did some sewing.


3809. I'm thankful for a peaceful Sunday afternoon of reading and enjoying the warm weather.


3810. I'm thankful for those who choose to serve their country and honor those who lost their lives to protect us.

and finally...

3811. I'm thankful for lessons that the Lord is continuing to teach me each day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live