Some LIght at the End of the Tunnel


Chirping birds were my companions as I spent time reading and praying this morning. I'm thankful that I choose to start off each day this way because it's the fortification I need to get through each day.

I never know what the day will bring and there are many stresses that happen in any given day. And yet, when I begin with prayer and time in the Word, I'm ready to face each new challenge.

Emily was able to transfer to the grocery store chain here and starts today. So of course, I had to encourage her by making her favorite meal of eggplant parmigiana and Italian bread.




Dan and I have been trying to get some things to spruce up our back patio and while it has a ways to go, I'm thankful it's starting to come together. I'm still trying to get used to having neighbors right on top of me on all sides. After living in the country for the past 18 years it's definitely a different experience to have no privacy.

I cut and colored my own hair yesterday since none of the hair salons are opened here yet. It didn't turn out too badly for which I'm thankful!

I'm excited to be able to participate in the local farmer's market here which starts on June 13th. Farmer's markets have been deemed essential businesses since they provide food. I did find out last night that since I'll be selling food (bread, cookies, muffins, etc.) that I can also bring my craft items. Yay!


I've been selling quite a bit on Etsy which is making me happy. I always have this love/hate relationship with Etsy but since I have no other venue for selling anything at the moment I've gone back to them. It's nice to have some sales.

Dan and I were thrown into the online livestreaming for church and while we've risen to the challenge, it's not ideal. It's such a stressful thing for me to have to be concerned about the sound and the video quality. It's not my skill set, so I'm very thankful that a gentleman in our church has come up with a better system and is taking that part over. Whew!

Yesterday we learned that our region has met all the markers set up by the governor to begin the process of reopening. So while it'll still be some time before churches can reopen here, we are on the way. 

After a very strange 2 months there is finally some light at the end of the tunnel. And not matter what, spring weather is here and for that I'm very thankful today!

Comments

  1. It will be quite different I think, and I'm not sure that I want to go back to the busy ness of life as it was.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am agreeing with Elizabthd. I am not sure I want to go back the busy ness of life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have mixed feelings about it and I'm fairly certain it's not going to be "life-as-normal" for quite some time.

      Delete
  3. since we are over 65 we do not feel safe yet to attend church
    we have our services online and our small group meeting by Zoom
    do you think your congregation will come to the church service?
    It is still an unsettling timeWe just hunker at home
    As my husband keeps saying God is in control not to worry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It'll be quite a while still before we can meet together in person. NY is allowing religious services for groups of 10 or less but it's kind of pointless because those of us (worship team and Dan and I) are already almost at 10. NY has 4 phases and there is supposed to be 14 days between each phase to see if there are any setbacks. Churches with larger gatherings won't be until phase 4. Our people are anxious to get back, even our seniors, but we all have to be patient.

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live