When Your Heart Wants to go Deep

 

Meditate, think, delight, remember.

Psalm 119:15-16 gives us these four verbs as ways to handle God's word. I wonder how often we open our Bible and pick a verse or two, read it, maybe read a devotional that tells us what that person think it says, and then throw up a quick prayer.

If that is all our interaction with God's word is then our spiritual depth will be lacking. We will only have scratched the surface. We are satisfied with sipping from a trickle when there is a gushing stream of water available. 


It's easy to read a few words and check that "task" off your to-do list. Digging in and taking time to listen to what God wants to say is hard work, but the results are sweet. 


I want to go deeper this year. I want to meditate on His precepts, think about His ways, delight in His statutes and not forget His word. I want to soar higher than I have before in my spiritual walk.


There is something within me that is not satisfied with a status-quo brand of Christianity. There is a desire within me to know more of God and to spend time in His presence, hearing from Him.

That means I need to focus, tune out the distractions, do less talking and more listening. 

Fluff blows away in the wind, so I want to anchor myself to the heart of God.


Meditate, think, delight, remember.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live