Rest, Relaxation, Rejuvenation












Dan and I are on vacation this week even though we are staying at home. We are trying to pick places to go that don't cost much or are free. It's fairly easy since most places are still closed down. The one thing we love to do that doesn't cost anything is hiking.

So yesterday we tried out a new hiking trail and ended up hiking five miles. There was a beautiful place to stop and eat lunch with a scenic view of the valley. It was very humid and hot, but a breeze would blow periodically so it wasn't bad.

Everyone always tells us to not think or talk about the church when we are on our day off or on vacation. It's such a part of our lives that it's hard not to make it part of the conversation. But we did our best though as we walked in the quiet woods I was able to sort out two church challenges that I have ahead of me so I consider that a good thing. :-)

Church ministry is a crazy beast and it amuses me when people say that the pastor only works one day a week. They have no idea what they are talking about. Your work is your life and you can't just turn it off. Add to that the pressure of people thinking the pastor should have a certain personality, do things a certain way, say things this way, have the perfect family, never do this, and be there every time they need him, it's a lot of pressure. 

Then my poor husband has the added burden of having a wife that is hypersensitive to what others think. Ugh. I'm working hard on this because it's not healthy. Dan keeps reminding me that the only one he is concerned about displeasing is God, and while I know he's right, it's hard to not be tuned in to every little nuance in people's opinions and moods. When someone says something rude to him it's hard not to start to get anxious and stressed.

So I am very thankful for the times I can get out and walk and begin to clear my head. And I'm thankful for my husband who is always up for trying something new. He even pulled off on the side of the road so I could climb down into a ditch and pick Queen Anne's Lace to make jelly.

It's vacation week but there are some things going on as normal. In the afternoons when we get home, I'm still sewing and filling orders. I'm getting ready for the market on Saturday. But it will be a more laid back kind of week. 

Rest, relaxation, and rejuvenation!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live