A New Season









I woke up this morning and realized that it's August 22nd. I haven't really been paying attention to the calendar, but all of the sudden summer is at an end.

I can tell that autumn is just around the corner because even though the days are still warm, the temperatures cool down at night. Leaves are starting to change colors and trees are beginning to drop their foliage. 

When I'm not working on ministry items, the days have been taken up with canning, baking, sewing, and cooking. My daughter left to finish her senior year of college yesterday and her leaving left a hole. It's been so nice having her home for the summer.

I've been busy restocking - restocking some of my book titles that sold out this summer. Restocking craft items that sold out as well. I'm thankful that my sewing business has seemed to have taken off here. 

Our farmer's market here goes through Columbus Day weekend and I'm going to try and stick it out through then. It's been a nice way to get to know our new community and some new people. Because our fall programs are getting ready to gear up, I may be sticking to just my sewing items rather than continuing to bake for that. 

This is the first Saturday in a while where I've been able to sit and enjoy my back patio instead of starting my day loading up my car for a busy market day. It is nice to have a slower pace today. 

I'm off to speak at a local church this afternoon and I also have a few talks to work on for upcoming events. 

The end of summer winds down one kind of activity and a different season of activity is starting. It'll be a different kind of autumn with Covid-19 restrictions, but I'm praying for a season of fruit for our ministry here. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live