Multitude Monday: The Smallest of Graces


We are so prone to discontent. We look at other people's lives and think, "If only..." The problem with that is that it just continues to feed our discontented souls. And the problem with social media is that people can crop out the bad parts of their pictures and make everything look perfect. You can begin to believe everyone else has it altogether which causes us to want to crop out the bad parts of our lives. 

What if we were to take our eyes off of others and start looking around at what we have. What if instead of thinking, "If only...," we thought, "Thank you, Lord" Thank you for this moment right now in front of me. Thank you for how you are working. Thank you for what you've given me. Thank you for this hard moment because that is what is keeping me clinging to you and that is how you will work in my life. Thank you for this grace.

I believe we would find ourselves less discontented and more joyful. Because there is joy in the small things. Joy in the scent of a flower. Joy in the giggle of a child. Joy in soaking in a cool breeze after a hot day. Joy in a beautiful sunrise or sunset. Joy in seeing God work through our hard things.

I want to be a woman who says, "Thank you" often. But that will only come if I stop looking at others' lives and thinking, "If only..." May we be people who are grateful for what is right in front of us each and every moment of the day.

This week I'm thankful for blessings #3,901 - 3,915

3901. Facetime calls with my daughter.

3902. The times when I can make a big breakfast for everyone.


3902. And the times when I can have breakfast for dinner.


3903. My guys all together again.

 

3904. Quick answers to prayer. It doesn't always happen that way so I'm thankful when it does.

3905. An encouraging time with ladies from a local church as I spoke there.

3906. The beauty of wildflowers.


3907. My knee made a popping sound the other day as I was walking down my stairs and I was unable to put any weight on that leg. I'm thankful that three days later it's only a bit stiff and I'm no longer in pain.

3908. The beauty of wide open spaces.


3909. An unexpected check in the mail that will help with Emily's school bill.

3910. Curling up with a good book at night.

3911. The joy in doing what I love.


3912. Worship with other believers.

3913. Relaxing Sunday afternoons. 

3914. I'm thankful for those hard times I had this week for I saw God working through them.

and finally...

3915. The smallest of graces.

Comments

  1. "If only's " are very destructive. I enjoyed reading this post. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live