Multitude Monday

 

I've been making these lists of blessings for the past eleven years and I'm thankful I started doing that so many years ago. The reason is that I find that often I wake up and I'm not particularly thankful. I'm not feeling joyful. I'm discouraged and depressed.

And yet, when I start to actually type them out, something shifts within me and my attitude changes. When I see, in writing, all the things God has done for me over the previous week, I change. My circumstances remain the same, by my attitude towards them is different.

And that is blessing all by itself!

This week I'm thankful for blessings #3,887 - 3,900.

3887. This past week was our second week of staycation and it actually felt like a vacation this time. We went out on an adventure each day and it was a relaxing and fun week. I'm thankful for that.

3888. I'm thankful that I'm able to actually move again. There many times during the five years of injury when I felt so discouraged.

3890. I'm thankful for many new places to explore.

3891. My niece was able to come and hang out with me at the market on Saturday. I'm thankful that she enjoys spending time with me.


3892. Dan and Nathan went to play golf with Dan's sister and brother. I'm thankful that Nathan wanted to go. Other than work, he's hardly left the house since the whole Covid-19 pandemic has started as he is anxious. I'm so proud of him for pushing himself to get out.


3893. Beautiful sunsets. 


\

3894. I'm thankful for good sales.


3895. I'm thankful for my husband and that he enjoys hiking with me.


3896. I'm thankful that all this exercise is making the number on my scale move in the right direction!

3897. Easy-going summer days. Summer is coming to end faster than I like so I'm trying to enjoy each moment.


3898. Good books.


3899. Quiet mornings and time in prayer and God's word.

and finally...

3900. Thanksgiving that changes my perspective.

Comments

  1. yes I too love books
    What are you reading?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. “Prairie Fires: The American Dreams of Laura Ingalls Wilder" by Caroline Fraser. It's a biography.

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live