The One Constant


A enormous head that I picked up for $2.99. It's enough for 4 meals.


Prepping vegetables for giardiniera


Apple Butter


 


I've had a busy week and it's been one of Zoom meetings, face-to-face meeting, church events, computer work, cooking, baking, canning, and sewing. I have a busy weekend ahead as well. My sisters-in-law and myself are taking my mother-in-law out to lunch for a belated birthday celebration. Sunday is crammed full as well. 

I've been trying to get everything canned and processed this week because I will be leaving on Monday morning to go stay with my mom and stepdad for a week. My mother's cancer is back and she is weak and in pain and they really need some help, even if it's just preparing meals. I'm concerned about them both and even though I will have to quarantine when I get back I felt I needed to go down.

Life is stressful at the moment and there are days when I'm feeling like I'm going to have a giant meltdown. However, that won't change the circumstances and it won't help anyone, including me. So I'm taking it one day at a time and keep moving forward.

I've had a ton of change this year, but the one thing that remains constant is my faith that God is good. I can rely on Him and that no matter what valleys I face, He is walking with me through them. And I also know that no matter how deep the valley and how dark the shadows, He will lead me out the other side. 

That gives me hope every single day.

Comments

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live