Writing my Sonnet






“You mean you're comparing our lives to a sonnet? A strict form, but freedom within it? Yes. Mrs. Whatsit said. You're given the form, but you have to write the sonnet yourself. What you say is completely up to you.” 

    Madeleine L'Engle, A Wrinkle in Time

No one has a choice as to the family they are born into or the circumstances they are dealt. Some have wonderful families and good circumstances and others not so much. Some have affluent lives and others are born into poverty. Others have wonderful health their entire life and others end up with life-threatening illnesses.

But, we all have the God-given ability to see beauty in the middle of ugliness. We all are able to wake up and ask God to give us an attitude of grace and thankfulness and joy. All have the ability to write a sonnet even in the middle of bad circumstances.


I'm thankful that God is helping me write a sonnet even in the waiting times, the barren times and the hard times. The form has been given me but I can still make music and I want to make it a beautiful song.


Comments

  1. thinking of you
    praying for your Mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Linda. I appreciate the prayers and they are sure needed right now.

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live