Assurance





 







I woke up from a dream last night where my mother made a miraculous recovery and was up from her death bed and walking around. In my dream we were headed to church to share the good news but had to keep making stops along the way and one of them was at a baseball game. It was such a weird and unsettling dream. I overslept this morning and the knot that it's in my stomach is just indicative of the type of month and year it's been for me.

2020 definitely has been a surreal, science-fiction type of year, but I am thankful that no matter what the circumstances and no matter what is going on in the world that God is still on His throne and that I do have faith that He will see me through.

During this busy Christmas season that seems so different this year, I've been focusing on the different themes of advent - hope, peace, joy and love. Even though so many things have changed in my life, those themes remain constant.

Last night as I was making dinner I happened to look out my window in time to see a spectacular sunset. It was so beautiful that I went outside to take a photo which doesn't do it justice. The sun setting on another day was a reminder that life goes on no matter what is happening. 

Just as sure as I know the sun will rise and set on each new day, I know that God is walking beside me in each of my moments. That assurance gives me hope and a deep down peace that sees me through the darkest of times.

Comments

  1. Such encouragement! So thankful that God never forsakes us! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live