Christmas Menus

Even in the midst of sadness, I have had moments of joy as I prepare for Christmas. My children all look forward to the different traditions we do each year and even though they aren't spectacular, they are our yearly traditions. And it's what makes up home for us. Family is important to me and I'm thankful for my husband and children and I'm always thankful for these times when we can celebrate together.

One of the things on my to-do list was making up menus for both Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. I was finally able to sit down and get that done. Because we deal with different food allergies I always have to be selective as to what I choose to do, but I came up with something that works for us. I also tried to keep it simpler this year as I don't want to spend two full days in the kitchen.

Christmas Eve - Appetizer Buffet

Shrimp Platter
Cocktail meatballs
Pigs in a blanket
Veggie Platter
Cheese & Crackers
Cookie Platter
Eggnog


Christmas Morning
Homemade cinnamon rolls
Scrambled eggs
Bacon


Christmas Dinner
Meatballs and Sausage with sauce
Italian Rolls
Tossed Salad
Christmas Cookies
Sparkling Cider

Now I just need to make up the grocery list and get a mental checklist of what needs to happen to make it happen. Do you have any special foods you have each year?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live