Glimpses


The sun came out from behind the shroud on Friday and Saturday and it was amazing at the change in my energy level and mood. It was just a glimpse of light and warmth in the middle of a dreary and cold month but it was enough to brighten my attitude. It was a reminder that warmer days are not that far away.

Every now and then in my life I also catch a glimpse of the promise and glory of God as well. Unending days of sameness - same routines, same people, same struggles and same me and then suddenly, God shines into the sameness. 

He reveals some new truth about his character, some new hope, or some new inspiration and I feel a surge of joy. I'm reminded that He is walking with me even in the dreariness and that brighter days are ahead. One day it won't just be a glimpse of His glory but He will be totally unveiled and there will be no more pain, no more suffering, and no more tears. 

And that is reason to rejoice on this dreary Multitude Monday.

This week I'm thankful for blessings #4,015 - 4030.

4015. A belated Christmas gift from my husband - a memory box.



4016. I brought home this Christmas cactus from my mom's and it's now on its third blooming. There are tiny little buds coming up again.



4017. These two beautiful reminders of my mom. Her high school picture and a painting by her aunt with her favorite flowers.



4018. A warming cup of tea on a cold day - lemon ginger.



4019. Trying my hand at new skills - sourdough starter starting to do its thing.



4020. An unexpected refund on my daughter's housing after being told that we wouldn't get it back even though she was living off campus. I'm glad rational heads prevailed.

4021. Red and white beauties.


4022. The ability to make many of my own things. I have a batch of eucalyptus-peppermint goat milk soap curing.



4023. Lemony goodness!



4024. A friend who brought me some goodies - two large bags of mixed nuts and dried fruit and a large bag of split peas.

4025. Continued Etsy orders.

4026. People who use their talents to create beauty in our church. (I'm talking about the banners and flowers, not the wires! lol)


4027. Fun and easy homemade gift.


4028. Getting a major stress-producer completed.

4029. Stephen is working a second job and I'm thankful he is not as financially strapped as he was.

and finally...

4030. Lots of glimpses of God's hand throughout my week.

Comments

  1. These are my favourite posts. The soap looks beautiful and sounds heavenly....two of my favourite scents. Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always enjoy these posts Terri, a little glimpse into your busy life.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live