Lift Every Voice and Sing



I woke this morning with a surge of renewed energy and peace. Nothing in my circumstances has changed.

There is still a sea of white outside my window.



There is still a sea of masks everywhere I look and an unending pandemic happening.

I'm still missing my mom and find myself replaying her last days in my mind.

I'm still the same woman I was yesterday with all the same struggles.

But the difference this morning was finding some renewal in God's word as I spent time reading and praying. No matter how bleak and depressing the world is, there is hope in Christ.

I also found some encouragement in the song below. I've been posting about little known figures in black history on Facebook for Black History Month. Today I posted about the history of "Lift Every Voice and Sing."

This song is known as the black national anthem and was a song we sang often when Dan and I lived in the inner city of Paterson, NJ. We attended a church that was made up of about 60% African-American, 25% Hispanic and the rest white. I actually had forgotten all about this song until I heard it recently. 

It's uplifting and brings some inspiration regardless of your race. Enjoy!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live