Shimmering


I looked out my front window this morning and discovered a winter wonderland. The sun was out and as it hit the snow, a shimmering and glittering beauty was revealed. The sun revealed the ice crystals and caused a spectacular sight.

I really wanted to put on my boots and coat and head outside, but that is not to be. Covid-19 has made it's appearance in our household. After being ill for most of the week, a Covid test came back positive yesterday. My son also woke up sick yesterday morning and I'm hoping Dan doesn't come down with it. 

As I went to bed last night and realized the long road of sickness and quarantine that's ahead of us, I have to admit I thought, "God, how much more am I going to have to deal with?" This past year has been one of change, loss, grieving, depression and now this. "Seriously, Lord?" 

I wrestled for a bit with this question, but remembered my word for the year, "eyes forward". God obviously has something for me to learn from all of this, but if I spend my time looking back or looking from side to side, I'll miss it. Everything that I find purpose in is being stripped away and all I'm left with is my relationship with the Lord.

I want to grow from these experiences. I want to see His shimmering truths and lessons that would be easy for me to miss if I'm not paying attention. I almost didn't look out that window this morning and I would have missed the beauty that was right in front of me. 

I'm going to accept this new situation and keep my eyes open for the beauty that is there if I just look.

Comments

  1. Terri, I am so very sorry to hear this. Do look after yourself as well as everyone else. I'll be praying for you. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terri, I will be praying for you and your family. Your words are an encouragement to me every time I stop by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sorry to hear you have to deal with this now, on top of everything else in the past year. I will be praying for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying your COVID will be mild, as was mine last July, 10 days and then all well.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.