Just Around the Corner


The past few days have been beautiful and it looks like we are in for sunshine and warmer temperatures for the next week. After a hard winter, it's been nice to be able to get outside and breathe in the fresh air. 

I could step outside my door and walk my neighborhood, but I truly find that too confining. There is something about wide open spaces, walking in the woods and being still that speaks to my spirit. I always have my camera with me so I'm ready to take a photograph of something that strikes my interest.

I'm thankful that we have an Audubon center about 10 minutes from my house that provides all that I need to fill that desire within me to get out into nature. I enjoy it because each time is something different.




As I walk I find any inner turmoil that I have quieting down and for a bit of time, I'm not tied to technology and busy checking off my to-do list. I'm just in the moment and enjoying the present. 


I'm very social and enjoy being around people, but I do find that I need times of getting away and by myself to recharge. And when I'm out in the woods, I really don't like having anyone with me other than my husband. Some of that is because in order to spot what's there, it requires silence.

I went by myself yesterday and when I first started out, I felt myself getting annoyed because every time I went to take a picture of something, someone would show up talking loudly. I wanted to say, "SHHHHHH!!!!!!" lol However, once I got deeper into the woods, I was by myself again and began to spot those little creatures that I would have missed if it was noisy.




It was such a busy weekend so it's been nice the past few days to slow down and take some time to just walk, pray, look and listen. To not be flitting on to the next thing on my list, but to be still and breathe in the fresh air. 


I do have some meetings today and things to do, but I'm going to try and carve out some time to get out and enjoy the warm weather. I'm looking forward to another adventure and seeing what might be just around the corner!

Comments

  1. Silence is a precious commodity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Terri. I feel like I just took a walk in the woods after reading your post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish we lived close enough to do more than virtually walk! :-)

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live