Traveling Down the Road of Giving Thanks


I didn't sleep well last night and between nightmares and tossing and turning I feel pretty wiped out this morning. Not a great way to start Monday. I have to be honest and say that thanksgiving wasn't the first thought in my mind.

But that's why the author of Hebrews says in chapter 13, verse 15, "Through Jesus, therefore, let us continually offer to God a sacrifice of praise-the fruit of lips that openly profess his name." I look for the things to be thankful and to give Him praise regardless of how I feel.

And the wonderful thing about giving thanks is that the feeling generally follows the giving. As I give thanks and praise His name, my attitude changes. As I look for the good things happening in my life they begin to overshadow the bad things. It doesn't change my circumstances, but it certainly changes my attitude. And that in itself is reason to give thanks.

This week I'm thankful for the following:

~ Signs of spring despite the cold temperatures.


~ The wonder of soap-making and the science behind it.

~ Being able to make delicious meals with just a few ingredients.

~ Hitting the open road with my husband.

~ This beautiful sight outside our hotel window.


~ Seeing friends again as we attended our district conference.

~ Increased Etsy orders.

~ Seeing the fruit of me teaching my daughter to cook. This was her dinner last night - homemade spring rolls.


~ Enjoyment from an afternoon of crafting. I need to add a ribbon and a plant to these pots.


~ Reminders all week of what God wants me to focus on in my life.

~ Relaxing Sunday afternoons.

And finally,

~ a change in my attitude as I travel down the road of thanksgiving.

Comments

  1. Thank you, Terri. Just reading this and looking at your photos is helping adjust my attitude and turning me to gratitude.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live