Anniversary Reflections


As a wide-eyed, naïve 26-year-old I had no idea of what I was in for when I said the words, "I do!" Our journey has taken us from being seminary students to working in the inner city to rural church planting and now back to a small city.

It has spanned thirty-three years of diapers, health crises, disabilities, extended family issues, blessings and conflict. We have worked our way through personality quirks and flaws, as well as giftings and growth. Our faces show age lines as well as stress lines.

Ministry is not always easy and at times, our marriage has felt the stress of what was happening in our ministry-life. Being in full-time ministry is not for the faint of heart and if you let it, it can wreak havoc on your family life. 

We've been through death and loss, life and love. This past year has been a year of stormy seas as we dealt with the loss of my grandmother, my mom, a move and new job, Covid, my own depression, and changes in the way we handle having adult children. 

I'm thankful for Dan and these past thirty-three years of marriage. I'd marry him all over again! We made a commitment to each other on that June day so many years ago and while there have been rough patches, I'm thankful for this man who walks beside me through them. There were things that rocked our marriage, but because we both made a vow and a commitment, we weathered the storms.

We weren't sure what we were going to do for our anniversary since funds are tight as we got hit with unexpected and hefty bills. However, we received a gift card in the mail from a friend in our previous church with instructions to use it to go out to dinner. What a blessing! So that's what we are going to do tonight.

Happy anniversary to my best friend!

Comments

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live